NATIONAL AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM PODCAST INTERVIEW
Producer/Director Heather Taylor was interviewed about the women in the Derby on the National Air & Space Museum's Podcast. You can listen to it here: https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/airspaceep11
- Heather will be screening BTTC in Minot, North Dakota on August 29th, 2018.
- In September, Heather has the distinct honor of being inducted into Amelia Earhart's Forest of Friendship. More details will appear after the ceremony.
LICENSING BREAKING THROUGH THE CLOUDS
Private screenings are a great way to bring community together to share in an inspiring story.
Whether you are work at a school, library, university, or are involved in an organization centering around leadership, empowerment, aviation, women, history, or just want a uplifting and inspiring story, consider screening or licensing Breaking Through The Clouds.
For screening opportunities, public performance rights or personal appearances & lectures, please contact Executive Producer Heather Taylor to discuss options, copyright licensing fees, etc.
Please remember that this film is copyrighted and therefore only to be shown in a home environment. Any showings in a public setting require a PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS from the copyright holder (in this case, Archetypal Images, LLC). This protects the artist and helps ensure that projects such as this film can continue to be made and both women and aviation history can be preserved.
The shortened version of BTTC can be licensed from Heather@BreakingThroughTheClouds.Com. Heather is also available for personal appearances and Q&A.
Your licensing fees help support women's history, aviation history, and independent artists.
PERSONAL PRESENTATIONS AVAILABLE
Executive Producer Heather Taylor offers a variety of topics for presentations surrounding themes found in Breaking Through The Clouds. These talks are mixed with clips from the film. Heather has given presentations at (libraries, aviation museums, schools, rotary clubs, women's organization, leadership organizations,
Presentation Topics include but are not limited to:
- Talks about the race itself and the women who flew it.
- How the 1929 Women's Air Derby exemplifies the Spirit of Community
- The Women of the 1929 Derby & The Collaborative Spirit
- The ART of Producing Breaking Through the Clouds (great for film school, artists)
- The women of the 1929 Derby as role Models for following one's passion.
If you are interested in the above talks (or others that can be customized) for flying clubs, professional women's meeting, historical societies or more, please contact Heather Taylor for rates and availability at: Heather@breakingthroughtheclouds.com
SAMPLE OF PAST EVENTS
PANELS & PRESENTATIONS
- National Air & Space Museum – Re-opening of Pioneers of Flight Exhibit
- First Flight Society, Kitty Hawk, NC
- Zonta Chapter, Essex County, NJ (Keynote Speaker two years in a row)
- Annapolis Film Festival
- Glenn L. Martin Aviation Museum
- Boeing and the American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronauts (St. Louis)
- American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Engineer Students at Merced. California.
- COPA (Cirrus Owners Pilots Association). Ladies Start Your Engines.
- American Society of Aviation Artists
- Fort Meade, MD. Weaving in Women's Stories
- Hiller Aviation Museum, California
- Women in Aviation Conference (Two years in a row)
- Inducted women of the derby into the Women in Aviation Hall of Fame in 2012.
- AOPA Summit
- AirVenture (shown two years in a row at the largest Air Show in the World)
- Women in Aviation Special Screening for WASPS (Women's Auxiliary Service Pilots during WWII)
- Air Race Classic (modern day women’s air race)
- Cradle of Aviation Museum, Long Island, NY
- Arlington Fly-In, Arlington, Washington
- College Park Aviation Museum, College Park, MD
- Beechcraft Heritage Museum, Tullahoma, TN
- National Exchange Club’s 100th Anniversary Celebration
- NUMEROUS Aero Clubs, Local 99s Chapters, Rotary Clubs, Chamber of Commerce Meetings
- Several libraries, Churches, and Film Societies
- Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Santa Monica, California Library
- Great Barrington, Massachusetts sponsored by Gutsy Gals
- Columbia Festival of the Arts, Columbia, MD
- Docs in Progress Organization for documentary film makers
- Enoch Pratt Library, Baltimore, Maryland sponsored by MD Women’s Historical Society
- Howard County Library (Maryland)
- Delaware Film Society
*Screenings in (but not limited to): Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, New York, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin.